Monday, March 25, 2013

Stress Management

 “How heavy is this glass of water,
ranged from 8 oz to 20 oz ?”
 
 
It's good to know ...
the absolute weight is doesn’t matter.
It just depends on how long I hold it.
If I hold it for a minute, it’s not a problem.
If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my arm.
If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb
and paralyzed.   
In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change,
but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.
 
The stresses and worries in life
are like that glass of water.
Think about them for a while, nothing happens.
Think about them a bit longer, they begin to hurt.
And if I think about them all day long, I will feel paralyzed, incapable of doing anything.
 
It’s important that I let go my stresses.
Put all my burdens down. I won’t carry them
through the evening and into the night. 
 
I will put the glass down!

Sometimes all I need is just a hug from the right person and all my stress will melt away.